Harnessing the Power of Diversity - What Next?
For the last couple of years we have been working directly with the Late Rt. Hon The Lord Mayor of London, Fiona Woolf CBE to create and deliver the ‘Power of Diversity’ Programme, which was a key element of her 686 plan. There were many ‘firsts’ and highlights to the programme, which will be collectively published with many of our partnering companies in early 2015.
One of the ‘firsts’ was the Harnessing the Power of Diversity Conference on the 10th June 2014 at The Mansion House in the centre of the City of London. On that day over 150 managers from all levels came together to share their perspectives of Diversity and Inclusion within their companies, how progress was being made and what the continued focus should be over the coming years.
Harnessing the Power of Diversity conference approached the Diversity and Inclusion agenda differently, focusing on how people at many different levels of a company can influence change and harness the benefits that diversity brings to business.
Time and time again, discussions on this agenda reaffirm that line managers, ‘the gatekeepers of talent’, are a hugely untapped group of people who have major influence on the culture of companies and who make decisions that impact their teams. This conference was specifically aimed at middle and senior managers, men and women, focusing on the key challenges that they face in harnessing diversity (in its widest sense) in the workplace and embedding effective practices in their day to day activities.
The programme will continue under the leadership of The Corporation of the City of London with further information announced here in the New Year.
If you would like further information as to how you or your company could become involved in the programme please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Improving Transgender equity in the workplace UK Thursday, 16 June, 2022
- International Day against Homophobia, Biphobia, Intersexism and Transphobia 2022 Tuesday, 17 May, 2022
- Microaggressions in the Workplace: Sexism, Racial discrimination and LGBTQIA+ inequity Monday, 25 April, 2022
- LGBT History Month: Inclusivity, coming out and support in the workplace by Leng Montgomery Monday, 21 February, 2022
- International Men’s Day 2021 Friday, 19 November, 2021